[linuxjobs] Contract Server Build Engineer (Linux)

Johan Van Den Dorpe Johan.VanDenDorpe at redbeemedia.com
Thu Oct 20 11:56:08 UTC 2011

Hello,

I'm looking to hire a contract Server Build Engineer to work as part of the Server Build Team at Red Bee Media.

The key responsibility of the role is to facilitate project delivery by being the glue between AppsDev, Testing and Tech Ops. Not only providing the builds for the different groups, but getting them talking together and helping solve their problems in a suitable way for the whole project and our business - whether that's with workflow, hardware requirements, tool selection or whatever is necessary. As such we need someone capable of fostering relationships, and who has a broad understanding of technical architecture.

Technology wise, we're looking for strong deployment & configuration management experience, without being hung up on the specific tools. Of course expert knowledge of Linux - we use RedHat and SuSE - is required, as well as exposure to Dell/HP Hardware, Virtualisation, Storage etc.

A longer job spec is available from our website: http://www.redbeemedia.com/careers

Please ignore the closing date - we're looking for the right person whenever they come along.

The contract is 3 months initially, but the role is not going away so the contract will effectively be rolling. Rate is negotiable, but should be around the £350/day mark.

Please email me directly with questions, CVs etc.

Thanks,

Johan

This email may contain confidential information. If you receive it in error please immediately advise the sender and delete it from your system without copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance upon it. Red Bee Media Limited has taken precautions in respect of its email communications to preserve confidentiality and to ensure that any attachment has been checked for viruses. However, we cannot accept liability for any damage sustained as a result of interceptions and software viruses and you should take your own precautions before responding to us by email and carry out your own virus checks before opening any attachment.

Red Bee Media Limited
Registered No: 04257461 England
Registered Office: BC2 A1 Broadcast Centre, 201 Wood Lane, London W12 7TP