[linuxjobs] Sys Admin role in Macclesfield

Gemma Allen-Muncey gemma at spareroom.co.uk
Thu Apr 19 10:40:36 UTC 2012

SpareRoom.co.uk is the UK's leading Flatshare website and is growing
fast. With over 2 million visits per month we have high traffic but the
site is owner managed and run by a small friendly team from our offices
in Macclesfield. We are looking for an experienced systems administrator
to join the team.

Responsibilities:
* Ongoing monitoring and maintenance of remote CentOS servers
* Revising and formulating backup procedures
* Plan, test and carry out software upgrades
* Maintain and enhance system security
* Capacity planning and testing
* Develop and maintain processes, tools and documentation for effective
systems administration
* Participate in the evaluation of new software, hardware, and
infrastructure solutions

Required skills:
* Linux (preferably CentOS or Redhat)
* Apache
* Nginx
* MySQL
* NFS
* Knowledge of security systems and practices
* Monitoring and maintenance procedures

Desirable skills:
* Experience of clustered and high availability systems
* Munin experience
* Perl scripting
* Mac OS X experience

Essential qualities:
* Ability to work as part of a small team
* An understanding of the importance of uptime for a busy web site
* Attention to detail
* Good communication skills
* Must be prepared, on occasion, to work non-standard hours, including
weekends, early mornings or late nights.

Many thanks,

Gemma Allen-Muncey

Operations Director
Flatshare Ltd
01625 666750

-----
Flatshare is a limited company registered in England and Wales. Registration #04407847, Registered office: 1 Wellington Road, Bollington, Macclesfield, Cheshire SK10 5JR. T: 0845 644 4029