[linuxjobs] Lead Ops (Linux) Engineer

Dean Whittington dw at deanslist.co.uk
Wed Feb 29 16:43:37 UTC 2012

I currently have 2 opportunities for viewers of this list.

1)      Lead Operations Engineer - a hot startup in Central London is looking for a Lead Operations (Linux) Engineer for their new venture. This startup is in stealth mode however the 4 chaps who set it up have form - their last startup was acquired in 2010 for close to $200 million.

a.       Key skills required for this are around Linux platforms (specifically Redhat/CentOS)

b.      Scripting (PHP/Python)

c.       Emerging technologies around Big Data like Hadoop, MapReduce, Couch, Redis).

d.      Experience with Cloud, high availability and high performance systems

e.      Salary for this is anywhere between £45 - 60k (potential for equity over time).

2)      Python Developer (I figured this role might be useful on this list too...) Software Engineer (Python) required by Web Security house in Reading to be responsible for developing security tools to protect mobile devices (iOS, Android, etc).

a.       Skills: Python (some C++ would be advantageous)

b.      Linux / UNIX platforms.

c.       Any security or Internet protocol expertise would be beneficial.

d.      Salary is around £40-50k + benefits.

All CV's and enquiries to dw at deanslist please. Thanks.