[linuxjobs] Cisco ScanSafe - Linux System Administrator, Central London

Stuart Winter m-lists at biscuit.org.uk
Tue Jan 24 13:11:13 UTC 2012

Hi

Salary range: 35-59K
Location: Central London, W1T 4EZ

Due to continued growth, Cisco ScanSafe are recruting for an additional
System Administrator to join our Operations team that maintain the
ScanSafe service infrastructure.

You'd be working in a System Admin team of 5, within a wider operations
group of ~30. Whilst ScanSafe has been owned by Cisco for two years, it
has retained its ajility and energy in addition to having the product
become integrated into Cisco's mainstream product line.
There are free biscuits (although you need to replenish your own stock
pile before 11am) and coffee.  Most of the people are happy as well --
which helps :-)

If you're interested in the role, please send your CV to
stuwinte at cisco.com

The job spec is:
=====

ScanSafe is the leading global provider of SaaS web security. Every day
our technology scans over a billion web requests, going far beyond the
capabilities of traditional security techniques to protect both office and
roaming workers around the globe.

We are looking for talented, driven Linux Engineers to join our team of
open source masterminds at our central London office.

Operations engineers are pioneers in SaaS infrastructure, transforming
commodity hardware into high performance, scalable platforms which are the
envy of our competitors. You will be responsible for building and
maintaining our high performance global network, delivering the highest
levels of service availability to our customers.

We have a fast paced, exciting environment with endless opportunities to
develop your Linux skills. We do things very differently to other
companies:

. Weekly rotation between on-call, continual improvements projects,
software deployment and projects; learn something new every week
. Quarterly OPSFests and monthly team lunches to discuss new ideas, drive
innovation and shape our roadmap
. Lightweight process that helps, not hinders - we help you make things
happen
. Change is constant; we are always investing in cutting edge, brand new
hardware and software

As well as continual technical development, you will be richly rewarded
with a fantastic salary and extensive range of benefits.

Essential technical skills:
. RHCE certification, or at least 3 years commercial experience as a Linux
systems administrator
. DNS administration experience
. Thorough knowledge of the HTTP protocol
. Experience of analysing and collect network packet captures
. Experience of network connectivity troubleshooting
. Bash or Perl scripting
. Host and network based security

Beneficial technical skills:
. Experience with HTTP proxies
. Experience with kickstart, cobbler or puppet
. Writing basic SQL queries
. VMWare ESXi and VSphere
. Experience administrating a three-tier architecture
. Administration of Apache Tomcat
. Experience of configuring automated monitoring systems

Background:
. Prior employment within a web hosting, internet service provider or
software as a service company
. Prior involvement in delivering customer support
. Experience of working as part of a team
. Experience of working within a small company of around 200 employees or
less

--
Stuart Winter
Slackware ARM: www.armedslack.org