[linuxjobs] Debian/Ubuntu Systems Administrator at Canonical (London)

Chris Jones chris.jones at canonical.com
Mon Jan 30 20:01:20 UTC 2012

Hi

I work on the IS Operations team at Canonical (we are responsible for
much of the Ubuntu project) and we need a really good sysadmin to work
out of our London office.

You need to have a really good grasp of Linux fundamentals and have some
experience of managing infrastructure for hundreds of servers
(preferably with tools such as Puppet). Obviously we have a huge bias
towards Ubuntu Server, so experience of that or Debian will be useful,
but is not a hard requirement. Our team is very tightly focussed on
operational matters, so we're looking for people who care about uptimes,
automation and suchlike. Weekend on-call will be a requirement, but is
currently a 1-weekend-in-15 rotation, or thereabouts. Some international
travel will be required too.

Salary specifics are very negotiable, but if you're good and worth in
the region of 50k, I want to talk to you. If you're not quite sure, I
still want to talk to you.

A more official job spec is available at:
https://tbe.taleo.net/NA3/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=CANONICAL&cws=1&rid=357

If you have any questions, please email me!

Cheers,

--
Chris Jones
  cmsj at canonical.com