[linuxjobs] Several Roles with WE7 - Oxford/London

Stu Teasdale stuart at drogna.org.uk
Thu Nov 1 15:22:55 UTC 2012

Hi,

WE7.com are currently looking to fill several roles here at we7. Details
below. Please send any applications or questions to stuart-cvs at we7.com

Stu
Ithwasa - Reporting to the Witch Doctor Oxford or London
(Systems Engineer)

The Witch Doctor is responsible for getting new music onto the WE7 site,
and managing what is already there - audio files, artwork and meta-data
for 12 million tracks (and counting).

This role will involve developing tools and methodologies to both ingest
content and to improve the management of our vast catalogue. You will be
working closely with our development team, our own music managers, as
well as with the technical experts from our partner labels. No previous
experience of the music industry is needed.

Personal Attributes:
Passionate, energetic and immersed in the world of technology
Thrives under pressure in a fast moving, action oriented environment
Takes pride in their work and has a personal interest in music
Adapts influencing style to suit customers, individuals, teams and
situations

Functional and Technical Expertise
Can provide evidence and examples of:
experience of XML, e.g parsers, transforms
scripting languages, e.g. Perl, shell scripting
SQL
the ability to dealing with external customers
Java development

Chief String Puller - Reporting to the Head of Content Ingestion,
Statistics and Reporting - Oxford or London
(Senior Reporting Engineer)

Leading the reporting team, you will have a pivotal role in enabling
business development by delivering music usage reports to record labels
and collection societies. You will also be creating and interpreting
in-depth statistics to support the internal teams in evaluating
performance and developing plans.
As the senior member of the reporting team, you will maintain the
reporting and statistics code base and databases, keeping abreast of new
requirements and ensuring the system continues to be fit for purpose.
Your experience will be an important resource for the reporting engineer
under your lead.
Personal Attributes:
Passionate, energetic and immersed in the world of technology
Thrives under pressure in a fast moving, action oriented environment
Takes pride in their work and driven to deliver high quality reporting
Keep all communication clear, simple and well structured
Adapts influencing style to suit customers, individuals, teams and
situations

Functional and Technical Expertise
Can provide evidence and examples of most, if not all, of the following:
Good programming skills, with shell scripting and perl preferred.
High level of SQL knowledge, preferably with an understanding of
Postgresql
Data warehousing
Hadoop
Database performance tuning
Experience of using statistics and visualisation to understand business
and/or web-usage data
Experience of mentoring and/or line management

Server Wrangler/Senior Server Wrangler - Reporting to the Director of No
(Senior System Administrator)

In successfully administering the systems of we7 you maintain and
deliver enhancements to the infrastructure of the live we7 site (Debian,
Postgres, Tomcat) as well as supporting internal office systems (Ubuntu,
Mac OS and Windows Desktops, Samba, NFS, LDAP).  Your accountability
regarding the live site will require occasional trips to data centres in
Docklands and Cambridge. As a senior member of the network operations
team your experience will be an important resource for all areas of the
business who require infrastructure support.
Personal Attributes:
· Passionate, energetic and immersed in the world of technology
· Thrives under pressure in a fast moving, action oriented environment
· Able to provide technical leadership within the team and mentor less
experienced team members
· Proven track record of dealing with internal and external customers of
network services
· Intrigued by new technology, a thirst for exploration and
technological progress

Functional and Technical Expertise
Can provide evidence and examples of:
1-3 years (Server Wrangler or 3+ Years (Senior Server Wrangler)
commercial experience of Unix/Linux administration
Writing scripts in bash
Good knowledge of perl, python or ruby
Extensive experience of running production websites, preferably using
apache tomcat
Source control with svn, git
Configuration management with puppet
Administering postgresql
Setting up and running Hadoop clusters
Debian/Ubuntu packaging
Windows Servers

Thanks

Stuart
--
>From the prompt of Stu Teasdale

You have a strong appeal for members of the opposite sex.