[linuxjobs] "No agencies" policy?

Martin A. Brooks martin at hinterlands.org
Wed Nov 14 15:29:16 UTC 2012

On Wed, November 14, 2012 14:48, Laurie Brown wrote:
> Exactly! I don't understand it. I could if the list were swamped with
> drivel and dubious stuff from agencies. It isn't, and a job is a job,
> surely...

Alas there are some agencies that engage in CV trawling via lists such as
this.

Step 1)

To a list such as this:

"Hi

I have a client looking for a senior Linux sysadmin, based in central
London, looking to pay 50k. Please send me your CV."

Step 2)

<fx>collects a bunch of CVs</fx>

Step 3)

Bulk mail to the HR department of every central London tech company they
can find:

"Hi

Please can we provide you with quality candidates for your upcoming senior
sysadmin needs?  We only want x% commission, here's some active CVs we
have on file."

Step 4)  PROFIT

This happens.

But is only done by the utter scum of recruitment agencies, none of whom
are on here, I'm sure.