[linuxjobs] Question about certifications

Ottavio Caruso ottavio2006-usenet2012 at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 1 13:56:33 UTC 2013

Can I take advantage of your time and ask your opinion about
certifications in general.

Waste of time and ink? Useful? Better than nothing?

Secondly, do you know of any Linux oriented certification that is also
focused on the ARM platform but not specifically targeted to
programmers/developers?

My background is as a Tech Support, Junior Sys Admin and amateur
shell/web scripter, all of these on the PC/x86; never seen myself as a
developer, I'm more into the OS internals, been out of work for some
time, occasional part time gigs and no recent/relevant references.

I wasn't interested in achieving the LPI because in my opinion it is
obsolete and too PC-centered but I am ready to change my mind. Also
never been interested in RHEL stuff as I  am more of a  Slackware
person; now I am reluctant Android user but I love the ARM/small
factor form.

Any input is welcome. Have a nice day.

--
Ottavio Caruso