[linuxjobs] Linux Admin (Nagios,LAMP,scripting) West Bromwich, Birmingham £35-45k

Andy D'Arcy Jewell andy.jewell at sysmicro.co.uk
Mon Feb 4 10:03:09 UTC 2013

Hi all,

We have an urgent requirement for an experienced Linux Admin as
described below, to support both internal and external Linux/Unix-based
systems.

Please contact Sandip Channa (Technical Director) on 07535 352525 or via
e-mail to sandip.channa at sysmicro.co.uk

    *Linux/PHP/Nagios Administrator*

    *West Bromwich, West Midlands*

    Permanent

    Salary -- Negotiable (35-45k + benefits)

    We are currently seeking an experienced Linux Administrator to be
    based out of our offices in West Bromwich, Birmingham. Your role
    will be to administer and implement LAMP-based live client sites and
    Nagios based monitoring systems to our Managed Service customers
    hosted in various Datacentres The role will also be required to
    provide 2nd and 3^rd line support of the systems maintained and
    implemented within the client and participate in our out of hours on
    call rota. We have a dynamic team that is currently growing and have
    a large monitoring environment we have developed over the last 6+
    years.

    Key Responsibilities:

    Developing and maintaining our current monitoring and reporting
    environment based on Nagios.

    Developing and maintaining our current Request-Tracker ticketing system.

    Developing automated build tools in a corporate team environment to
    support live operations.
    Scripting and system automation (Shell, Perl, Python, PHP).

    Experience of administrating LAMP-stack and Tomcat based web
    application servers
    (Java,Apache,MySQL,Perl/PHP/Python,Postfix/Exim/Sendmail).

    Experience of emerging web technologies such as Nginx,
    Varnish-cache, SolR, NoSQL databases.

    Supporting emerging technologies such as cloud-based deployments.

    Installation and configuration of Linux/UNIX Servers.

    Ensure back-up and recovery procedures are in place and run correctly.

    Follow best work practices provided by vendors.

    Installing and configuring both MS SQL and MySQL including
    backup/restore and replication.

    Provide detailed documentation regarding all aspects of
    server-related work.

    Strong understanding installing and supporting Linux (RedHat/CentOS,
    Debian etc.).

    Strong understanding installing and supporting Nagios based
    monitoring, including custom check scripts.

    Strong experience with the following technologies:
    o Scripting (Shell, Perl, Python, PHP)
    o Nagios o Network security and server hardening (IPTables, SELINUX,
    etc.)
    o Networking, TCP/IP, DNS.
    o VMware.
    o SAN technologies.

    Proven experience working with and implementing alerting/monitoring
    systems.

    Ability to work well without supervision.

    Posted By:

    SysMicro Ltd.

    Contact:

    Sandip Channa on 07535 352525