[linuxjobs] PostgreSQL Database Jobs

Simon Riggs simon at 2ndQuadrant.com
Sat Mar 2 11:14:06 UTC 2013

2ndQuadrant is the largest team of active contributors to the open
source PostgreSQL database project, with a greater focus on technical
excellence than many sales driven companies. Our open source business
model works well for both customers and staff. We operate worldwide in
local markets and our people span many timezones, character sets and
cultures.

We're expanding on our success, so the following roles are open now or
in the coming months

 * PostgreSQL Support/Remote DBA (any location)
 Skilled DBAs able to work as part of a team to deliver high
performance, highly available, highly secure systems

 * PostgreSQL Consultants (English speaking: UK, US PST/MST, Canada,
French speaking, CZ, PO, RU)
 Skilled senior consultants able to go on-site for consulting,
development and training

 * PostgreSQL Support/Development (any location)
 Skilled PostgreSQL developers wanting to have fixed time on
development as well as do customer facing activities.

We're looking for people that know PostgreSQL well and want to know it
even better. There's many aspects to that, so people with skills in
these areas are particularly interesting: performance, security, GIS,
project management, service operations, marketing, pre-sales, sales.
Many roles allow a mix of skills.

2ndQuadrant wishes to hire people that are happy to live and work
where they are now. If you're non-native English speaker, you're very
welcome here. None of these positions offer relocation and all require
good spoken and written English, plus high levels of international
teamwork. Translating technical excellence into excellent customer
service is key to our work. That means we expect your skill levels to
be high but we're not prescriptive about skills or seniority other
than to say that most 2ndQuadranters are on at least their third job
and have a broad view of life and industry.

If you're interested in a longer term career with a team following an
open source business model, please get in touch. We value credibility,
honesty, responsibility, hard work, teamwork, courage, humility, time
off, families, friendships and getting paid fairly for our successful
contributions. All roles are full-time; part-time/restricted hours
contract requests are very welcome, but we are not a network and we
aren't looking for associates, just dedicated team members.

In some cases, places are immediately available, in other cases, the
time may be right slightly later for your skill mix, location.
2ndQuadrant isn't VC funded, so we're growing organically and
sustainably as our PostgreSQL services become popular.

Direct applicants only. No agencies, thanks. Please provide a
detailed, verifiable resumé.

Please apply only to careers at 2ndQuadrant.com. Contacts via other means
may regrettably be ignored.

We look forward to hearing from you,