[linuxjobs] Work experience

Sean O'Brien sean.paul.obrien at googlemail.com
Thu Mar 14 17:19:19 UTC 2013

Matt / Callum,

If you are still looking, I would recommend looking at smaller companies
who might not even be thinking of a placement student, as they might not
have the funding for a seasoned professional. You could negotiate this with
them, show what you can bring to them as an individual. This could be a
development opportunity for you, and for the company, as it needs to be
mutually beneficial; you can't work for nothing, even if they cover your
travel expenses for 2 days a week, it would be worth considering. I would
make a list of companies and approach them, even if they are not
advertising.

If you are looking for a bigger enterprise look to the likes of Fujitsu.
See the following.

http://www.fujitsu.com/uk/about/local/jobs/graduates/your-programme/ip-index.html

Regards,

Sean