[linuxjobs] DevOps Engineer wanted in West London

John Rainey john at yakatak.com
Mon Apr 7 23:06:54 UTC 2014

Hi,
I’m currently looking for a DevOps Engineer to join an exciting, fast-paced, startup in West London.Yakatak is a cloud-based application platform that delivers innovative ‘social broadcasting' services. We were an inaugural member of the BBC Worldwide Labs and a winner of the Nokia Asha Developer Competition.  Our previous business, Snap, delivered cloud based apps on behalf of Facebook, Twitter, ESPN, Reuters and others and was acquired by Facebook in 2011.

We are looking to grow quite rapidly now and need an experienced DevOps Engineer, who can manage, maintain, and scale our various cloud-based environments. You will be a quick learner, love experimenting with new tech, and have an interest in sport!  You’ll have the opportunity to recommend and implement the latest technologies and frameworks in a fast-paced, start up environment.

Stuff you enjoy doing:
• Managing the availability, scalability and performance of platforms
• Creating the tools and infrastructure leveraged by the rest of the engineering teams
• Automating everything possible!
• Diagnosing and repairing network, application, and hardware bottlenecks
• Testing and tuning network, hardware, and software configurations to maximize performance
• Deploying and managing monitoring and diagnostic tools
• Guiding product teams to keep new features fast and stable
• Learning and implementing new technologies

Stuff you’ve used before:
• Cloud platforms like AWS and Rackspace
• Configuration Management SW like Puppet or Chef
• Ubuntu/Linux/OS X
• MongoDB, Redis, Node.js
• Shell Scripting, Ruby or Scala
• Open Source Fault Management and Monitoring Tools
• Package Management

We are a very, ambitious start-up with a top track record, but more importantly we are a genuine group of people determined to enjoy the journey and appreciate each other on a professional and personal level.

If interested, check out http://soccer.yakatak.com and send your CV to milkround at yakatak.com

Please NO RECRUITERS.  Only candidates with the right to work in the UK will be considered.

Regards,
John Rainey
Yakatak