[linuxjobs] Systems Administrator - Stockport

Guy Thouret guy at thouret.uk
Wed Oct 1 10:38:01 UTC 2014

Hi,

I'm looking for a Systems Administrator to look after our server and
network infrastructure.

We have a number of Ubuntu Server / KVM hosts on HP hardware running a
range of both internal and customer hosted VMs and database backends for
our Energy Management applications.

We use Cisco kit for the network infrastructure and have connections into
customer networks through IPSEC tunnels.

Internally we have 100 staff over 2 sites so some Windows AD / MS Exchange
administration knowledge would be desirable, we have 1st Line IT Support so
you should only need to be involved if something goes really wrong!

You will be responsible for all aspects of the systems administration and
have input into the design and implementation of any changes or additional
build.

The job is office based in Stockport 9-5 with flexibility to work in lieu
outside of those hours as required for out of hours maintenance/upgrade
projects.

We are an innovative business and have a friendly relaxed working
environment.

Salary is going to be circa £30k depending on experience but we're prepared
to pay more for the right person, if you're interested drop me an email.

Essential Skills:
Server: Ubuntu Server, Linux Adminstration, KVM/QEMU, Multipath, OpenLDAP
Network: Cisco routing and switching (design and troubleshooting), IPSEC

Desirable:
Knowledge of HP SAN Tech
Windows Server Admin (AD/Exchange/Server2008R2)
Large Scale MySQL Admin (Our energy database just tipped over 2bn rows!)