[linuxjobs] Linux SysAdmin, RBI - South London/Surrey

Nicholas Booth nicholas at booth.org.uk
Wed Oct 8 08:42:24 UTC 2014

The organisation I work for is recruiting for a Linux System Administrator.

All the available details are at this link:
http://preview.tinyurl.com/om4fugb (points to cwjobs.co.uk) but
to start you off: The position is with Reed Business Information (RBI)
(http://www.reedbusiness.com) part of Reed Elsevier group and is
based at our office in Sutton, Surrey. £50-54K, 29 Days Holiday +
other benefits.  Good public transport, bicycle facilities, on-street
parking OKish, staff canteen etc.   I think it's a genuinely friendly, fun and
fascinating place to work, with the complete range of challenges you'd
expect from a large corporate but one with a healthy and very positive
attitude to its staff.

I am not involved in the recruitment of this position (beyond writing
and posting this message) so would be unable to personally answer any
direct job related questions.  In the first instance contact
charles.hide at rbi.co.uk (Tel: 020 8652 8190) for all recruitment enquiries
however you are welcome to contact  me if you are  genuinely interested
and wish to seek more background about working at RBI.

Reed Business Information has been rapidly increasing its share of
systems using Linux although it's not new to us and has an
increasingly wide appreciation throughout IT here.  You'll be working
with people in the Platform Team who are already  familiar with Linux,
plus likely interacting with myself and a couple of other Linux
focused Operations staff amongst the rest of the overall department,
and possibly occasionally  with an increasing group of Linux-savvy
developers throughout RBI's business areas.  This role seems to be
principally looking after internal (RHEL) systems, although we're a big
user of  the "other" OS and we make big use of AWS.

--
Nicholas Booth
SWB D90 Silver HardTop