[linuxjobs] Systems Administrator - Linux - York - Piksel

Natalie Horwell natalie.horwell at piksel.com
Wed Sep 10 10:41:39 UTC 2014

Systems Administrator - Linux
Location: York
At Piksel, we design, build and run complex and high profile Internet, web and n3 platforms.  From video and entertainment platforms to healthcare systems, we make our living doing what we enjoy: enabling organisations to push the boundaries of technology. By doing so we offer varied and exciting opportunities for all our employees. We do things the right way: solid engineering and systems management practice is our passion; applying good practice and standards where appropriate, but allowing our architects and clients the room to be creative and innovative with their solutions.
We are currently looking for technical Linux Engineers with a range of Internet-facing hosting experience to be based in our York office.
 We require keen and enthusiastic candidates who have a broad understanding of enterprise infrastructure and application architecture who can play a key part in supporting cutting edge technology solutions for our distinguished client list.

 Technology areas that are of particular interest to us are:

?         Scripting languages such as perl, python, bash, ruby

?         TCP/IP network administration

?         Load balancing and caching technologies and solutions

?         Storage solutions (EMC/NetApp/HP)

?         Middleware knowledge (Tomcat/Jetty/Weblogic)

?         Virtualisation and cloud knowledge (VMWare/AWS/Azure)

?         Good communication skills

 Keywords / SEO: Systems Administrator, Systems Engineer, Linux Engineer, Linux Administrator, Red Hat, Python, Bash, TCP/IP, York.

If you are interested in this role or for more information please contact recruitment at piksel.com<mailto:recruitment at piksel.com>

Piksel has a friendly culture that fosters communication and innovation.  We offer very competitive packages and benefits commensurate with role and location.

1 Innovation Close, York, YO10 5ZD
picture the possibilities | piksel.com
[cid:22D32877-2E5C-46DC-B161-2687D4942AF1]