[linuxjobs] [robw at brandwatch.com: [ldndevops] [JOB] We're hiring Sysadmins at Brandwatch! (Berlin/Brighton/London)]

Andy Smith andy at bitfolk.com
Wed Apr 22 20:20:04 UTC 2015

----- Forwarded message from Rob <robw at brandwatch.com> -----

Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2015 04:28:39 -0700 (PDT)
From: Rob <robw at brandwatch.com>
To: london-devops at googlegroups.com
Subject: [ldndevops] [JOB] We're hiring Sysadmins at Brandwatch! (Berlin/Brighton/London)

Hi All,

I'm a Sysadmin at Brandwatch and we're looking to hire! If the following job advert sounds appealing and you'd be interested in applying please feel free to contact me (robw at brandwatch.com) or Holly (holly at brandwatch.com) who is one of our recruitment team.

This advert is for a job in Brighton but we are also looking for a Sysadmin in Berlin, and a Junior/Intermediate Sysadmin in London.

Thanks,

Rob

The Advert:

Brandwatch is building something special. We have already created the best Social Media Monitoring platform in the world, but that’s just the start. We are looking for great people to help us write the next chapter in Social.

We are now hiring a Linux Systems Engineer to join our Systems team in Brighton.

Your Responsibilities

* Improving the infrastructure of the Brandwatch Applications, currently NginX, Node.js, Apache Tomcat,  PostgreSQL, Apache Solr, Elasticsearch and Apache HBase running on Debian GNU/Linux
* Assisting the product development teams to ensure new products and features are fast, secure, robust, correctly monitored and scalable
* Automating service and infrastructure provisioning, currently using Puppet and Ansible on a mixture of physical and virtualised servers
* Taking part in the operations support rota, to ensure that our applications run smoothly at all times
* Contributing ideas and insights to the Systems Teams and the Engineering Department as a whole

Ideal Skills

* In-depth knowledge of Linux, including performance tuning and scripting (Bash, Python and/or Ruby), we use Debian GNU/Linux.
* Experience with configuration management, we use Puppet and Ansible
* Monitoring and tracking of production systems experience, we use Nagios, Sensu, Graphite, and Logstash
* Experience of supporting web services, we use Node.js and Java/Tomcat
* Experience of managing both SQL and NoSQL databases, we use PostgreSQL and Apache HBase

Our Culture

* Small teams of skilled people, in a friendly and relaxed environment
* Quiet hours so you can work uninterrupted throughout the morning
* Spacious new offices in the Brighton North Laine, with “Who’s coming for burgers on the beach” being a regular lunch time call in the engineering department
* Work with people all over the world…and use telepresence robots for meeting remote colleagues… provided you don’t mind seeing a Berliner colleague’s face rolling past on a robot!
* “Funky Friday” takes place every other week giving you 10% of your time to work on something new, reading groups, tech talks, generous training and conference budgets, and any technical books you need

Our Perks

* All the usual start-up temptations…cupboards bursting with snacks (a range to satisfy all taste buds), fruit boxes, drinks fridges… and of course coffee.
* Innovation time put aside to work on your own projects
* A company that values creativity and cares about its staff
* An environment where constant innovation and having fun are required
* A flat company structure where everyone’s voice can be heard
* Opportunities to develop your career
* Based in our Brighton HQ in spacious new offices
* 25 days paid holiday
* Bike to work scheme & childcare vouchers
* Employer pension contribution from August 2015
* Sushi days
* Foosball table

Salary

Hiring in the international market is new for us, we currently have up to £50k signed off for this role but are willing to be flexible. If you'd like to talk, then we'd love to hear from you.