[linuxjobs] Senior System Administrator - UK Telecommute

Gareth Kirwan gbjk at thermeon.com
Tue Jun 9 09:23:17 UTC 2015

Thermeon are looking for  senior system administrator or devops to join
its team.
As a market leading technology company providing software and services
globally to the car rental industry, we take pride in our long history
of innovation and excellent customer service.
Thermeon has offices in the UK, Australia and USA, with sales and
support staff, developers and system administrators around the world. In
support of our systems we run a global network of servers and
infrastructure. A wide range of services and solutions means candidates
must be adaptable, quick learners, and able to handle diverse and
complex infrastructures. You'll be working with other system
administrators globally to maintain and grow our systems, and develop
new solutions to scale our services to meet new challenges and growth.
The successful candidate should have at least 5 years experience
managing networks of linux servers.
You should enjoy learning and exploring new technologies and applying
them to real world problems. Candidates must be able to test and
implement solutions as part of a team. Clear communication and a helpful
attitude are important for candidates to work with the rest of the
company. You must take pride in the systems you manage, and the
solutions you deliver.
You should be used to working to deadlines, manage your time, and report
project statuses to interested parties.
Candidates should be experienced with working in conjunction with a
development team to help deploy, manage and scale web applications, and
the databases, caches and related services which support them.

Our UK office is based in Gatwick, but our technical team telecommutes.
Candidates should have a track record of successfully working remotely,
have a suitable environment free from distractions, and are available to
travel to the Gatwick based UK office when necessary.

Required skills:
Linux administration (Both Debian and Redhat)
Distributed configuration management, ideally puppet
Virtualisation
Network and VPN administration
LDAP authentication
Log aggregation and management
Monitoring and alerting solutions (servers, services, networks)
Mail servers
Database server admin and scaling
Web service deployment and management
Web servers
Load balancing
Documentation
Scripting experience (ruby, python, perl, etc)

Salary in the range of £60-80k.

Please contact gbjk at thermeon.com