[linuxjobs] Support Engineer, Somerset
steve at opendium.com
Fri Dec 16 14:33:16 UTC 2016
Whilst this isn't strictly a Linux job, our products are Linux based so
a good grounding in Linux would be useful.
Opendium is a small, well-established company specializing in network
and Internet security focusing on the UK education sector. We have an
excellent reputation for customer service and due to company expansion
we are looking to recruit like-minded people to join our support desk.
Because of the nature of the company the role will be very flexible
allowing us to tailor the responsibilities of any successful candidate
based on their skill set and aspirations. It is essential that the
candidate is able to both travel to customer sites and work from home.
We envisage 50% of time will be spent working from home.
Due to the flexibility of the role it would be equally suitable for an
enthusiastic and committed person with no experience, or a seasoned
support engineer looking for something more flexible and exciting. The
rate of pay will depend on the level of experience of the candidate in
question, and this would be an ideal position for a committed candidate
looking to progress their career.
* Customer Service and User Support
* Fault diagnosis and investigation
* Basic Networking; TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, Internet
* Ability to learn new skills rapidly with an attention to detail
* Confident and professional in communicating with internal and
* Friendly and approachable towards customers
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to work from home
* Active Directory, Samba, Linux / Unix
* VPN, Remote Support
* User Support - Provide support and assistance to users via
telephone, and remote support
* Visiting customer premises for on-site support and installation
* Updating internal databases
* Possible development work depending on skill set
Location: Bruton, Somerset
Salary: £15,000 - £25,000
- Steve Hill
Opendium Online Safety / Web Filtering http://www.opendium.com
sales at opendium.com support at opendium.com
More information about the linuxjobs