[linuxjobs] Systems Administration Engineer – AAA Mac/Linux games developer based in London

Tom Leather tleather at feralinteractive.com
Fri Jan 8 12:34:12 UTC 2016

Hi all,

I work for Feral Interactive, a Mac and Linux games developer and
publisher in south-west London. You can find out more about us here:
http://www.feralinteractive.com/

We're currently looking for an experienced systems administrator with
Linux experience. Please find a full job description below.

Thanks,
Tom Leather

Systems Administration Engineer

Feral Interactive, a leading developer and publisher of AAA games for
Mac and Linux, is looking to hire a Systems Administration Engineer.

Your duties will include:

- Organising major improvements to our IT infrastructure
- Managing and maintaining our servers
- Managing and overseeing our junior systems administrator
- Providing 2nd and 3rd line IT support within the company

You will have overall responsibility for our IT infrastructure and will
work closely with all areas of the business, particularly our game
developers, server-side developers and QA team. Most of your time will
be dedicated to project work, implementing robust solutions with an
emphasis on security, backup, monitoring, and documentation.

You will also be required to troubleshoot difficult issues, working
closely with our junior systems administrator who handles desktop
support and other day-to-day tasks. Many of our employees are very
tech-savvy, so you should be comfortable speaking with and providing
assistance to people with different levels of technical ability,
including other IT personnel and software developers.

What skills and experience should you have?

- A degree in computer science or a related discipline
- At least two years’ professional experience as a systems administrator
- Significant experience with both OS X and Linux desktop and server
environments
- A track record of completing independent project-based work
- Proficiency in at least one major scripting language (e.g. Bash, Perl,
or Python)

What else would help?

- Cisco networking certification (CCNA or better)
- Experience with any of the following:
     - VM servers (vSphere)
     - Managing SAN systems
     - Apache HTTP server configuration
     - LDAP/Active Directory
     - Windows Server 2012
     - Monitoring frameworks
     - Versioning/revision control software
     - Setting up VPNs using various protocols and clients
     - Different encryption formats and storage solutions
     - C, Java, or PHP programming languages

What’s in it for you?

- Competitive salary
- Flexitime
- Relaxed small company atmosphere
- Regular company dinners and outings

How do you apply?

To apply, send a copy of your CV and a covering letter to:
recruiting at feralinteractive.com

You should address your application to Tom Leather.