[linuxjobs] UNIX Systems Administrator in Oxford, UK

Tim Little tim.little at adestra.com
Thu Mar 10 09:07:06 UTC 2016

UNIX Systems Administrator

Adestra, a leading Marketing Technology Service Provider, is seeking an
experienced Systems Administrator to join our team at our central Oxford
Head Office. You will be working in a very technical environment to
manage Adestra’s server infrastructure with a focus on databases and
their interaction with the infrastructure.

This is the perfect time to join our Company, with ambitious plans to
accelerate our rate of growth over the next 3 years in the UK and overseas.

Responsibilities
You will be responsible for:

* Database replication monitoring, setup and management.
* Database query and performance analysis and optimisation.
* Designing and implementing new application features and functionality
* Installing, Tuning, Patching, Monitoring and Upgrading servers.
* Network and system security.
* Auditing security and permissions.
* Setup backups, testing on regular basis and disaster recovery provisions.
* Maintain documentation of maintenance and upgrade tasks.

Key Skills & Experience
* Demonstrable experience working with UNIX-like systems
* Experience with PostgreSQL
* Experience with high volume email servers
* Experience with writing documentation
* Programming experience
* Experience with configuration management tools would be favourable
* A good humoured team player, you will take pride in your work and be
able to thrive in a fairly pressurised environment with the ability to
prioritise your own time carefully.

Technical environment:

* FreeBSD, CentOS
* PostgreSQL
* Perl, Python, Bash
* Exim, Postfix, PowerMTA
* Nginx, Varnish, Lighttpd, Apache
* Nagios, Cacti
* LDAP

Package:

You will receive a competitive salary with the opportunity to be part of
the Company’s bonus scheme.
Benefits include: company pension, various travel schemes, eye care
vouchers, child care vouchers, Private Health Insurance and Group Life
Assurance
BS EN ISO 9001:2000 and Investors in People accredited, superb training
and development opportunities are offered as the company continues to grow.
25 days holiday + 1 extra day off for your birthday!
To apply for this position, please send your CV with a covering letter
to iwanttowork at adestra.com. No phone calls please; we’re really busy
speaking to clients!

Adestra are an Equal Opportunities Employer

--

*Tim Little*
System Operations Manager

*W:*www.adestra.com

Adestra Ltd, Holywell House,Osney Mead, Oxford, OX2 0EA, Registered in
England, Company No. 05267378