[linuxjobs] A cautionary tale

Jan Henkins jan at henkins.za.net
Wed May 11 19:42:15 UTC 2016

Hello Paul,

Good posting!

On 11/05/16 12:32, Paul Stimpson via linuxjobs wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I thought I would share this experience my friend just had looking for
> his first job after moving to the UK.

I thing that this also happened to me back in 2006 after moving here. I
don't have anything solid to go on, but this story resonates with some
old memories of having to take a train journey from Croydon to Elstree

> The job was Microsoft-centric and was for a company he was told was
> called "Learning for You." Their web presence is "vague" and my
> Googling of the interview address revealed the presence of the
> flexible office business operating at the interview address. I know
> that isn't necessarily a bad sign as my friends operate a successful
> business out of a long-term lease of a Regus workspace. Subsequent
> searches reveal others with similar experiences and concerns about
> different trading names that seem to also be associated with Learning
> for You and interviews held at various flexible office spaces.
> http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3540525

I watched that video clip, and by the end of it I was reaching for my
(thankfully absent) baseball bat...

--

Regards,
Jan Henkins