[linuxjobs] LinuxJob- Linux Systems Manager- Birmingham

Emma Rush emma.rush at mobilefun.co.uk
Fri Dec 29 12:13:56 UTC 2017

Hi,

We have a vacancy for a senior systems engineer (devops / systems
administration) based in Birmingham:

Do you want to be a System Administrator / Manager for an international
online retailer with a strong track record of sustained growth? Do you love
Linux, want to work with it on a daily basis, and want to grow your
knowledge and expertise? If you have answered yes to the above we would
love to hear from you! It is also a very exciting time as we look to
accelerate the growth of our web development agency division: magic42.

You will be responsible for managing our network infrastructure of both
physical and virtual servers (mostly running Ubuntu Linux). In addition,
you will assist in supporting the Company’s day to day IT needs, and also
support the Dev Team with the deployment of new applications and systems.

This position will ideally suit someone with experience working as a Linux
sys admin experience. We might also consider exceptional recent graduates
who have had relevant industry experience via placement years/Internships.

You will get to work with numerous Sysadmin / DevOps technologies including
but not limited to:

Ubuntu / Debian Linux, KVM / Proxmox, PFSense Firewalls, Puppet, Samba,
MySQL / MariaDB, Apache, PHP, various AWS Services, Nginx, Git, Vagrant,
Virtualbox, Asterisk, etc.

Requirements

- Solid understanding of networking principles, TCP/IP, DNS, etc.
- Experience of firewall configuration and network services such as DHCP,
VPNs, proxy services, etc.
- Experience managing lots (yeah, you know, more than a few!) of Linux
servers.
- Working knowledge of Linux internals, diagnosing system performance at
all levels
- MySQL administration
- Configuring and optimising Apache & PHP
- Windows technical support experience
- Attention to detail, security conscious & hungry to learn

*You may also have some experience with:*

- Puppet or transferable experience with another configuration management
tool (Ansible, Salt, Docker, etc.).
- Shell scripting skills and/or configuration management skills.
- Git skills.
- Windows Server administration experience

This is an excellent career opportunity for an individual with passion and
enthusiasm for technology, who wishes to gain valuable experience at an
award winning online retailer. You will become instrumental in the
maintenance and development of an exciting e-commerce company as well as
supporting the growth of our new web development agency.

Benefits include pension, break-room with games console, Table Tennis and
Table Football, running/walking club, badminton club, organised 5-a-side
football matches, board games club, gaming nights, weekly IT workshops,
monthly hackathons and discount on Mobile Fun products.

Online Applications can be made here:

https://mobile-fun.workable.com/j/ECCA571C9A

Emma-Clare Rush MCIPD
*Human Resources Manager*