[linuxjobs] Dashboard software engineer / Backend software engineer

Martin A. Brooks martin at hinterlands.org
Thu Feb 16 10:19:18 UTC 2017

Hello

Hitachi Data Systems (UK) Ltd have two contract software engineer roles
they are looking to fill:

* Dashboard software engineer

Essential technical skills:
     Practical hands-on commercial experience of:
         - Pentaho CTools.
         - Web design and development.
         - CSS2/3 and JavaScript.
         - Relational and non-relational databases.
         - XML, Schemas and cube data modelling
         - Data modelling.

Desirable technical skills:
     - Pentaho, Mondrian, PDI and MDX.
     - Data analytics, you might come from a big data background.
     - Knowledge of enterprise storage solutions.
     - Dashboard and report development.
     - Experience of Business Intelligence tools.

* Backend software engineer

Essential technical skills:
     Practical hands-on commercial experience of:
         - Various dialects of SQL.
         - MDX.
         - Mondrian.
         - Business Intelligence concepts and integration techniques.
         - Relational and non-relational databases.
         - Interaction and integration techniques.
         - Data modelling.
         - Data warehousing techniques, modelling and query
implementation.
         - XML, Schemas and cube data modelling.
         - Developing front-end and back-end solutions.

Desirable technical skills:
     - Pentaho PDI.
     - Data Analytics.
     - Knowledge of enterprise storage solutions.
     - Experience of Business Intelligence tools.
     - Oracle and SAP.

Ballpark rate for both is £400/day, depending on skills and experience.
I am not an agency, I have no financial interest in these roles being
filled.

Please send your CV to me in the first instance, and I will pass it on.
  If you have any questions, please do ask and I will attempt to answer
them.

Mart.