[linuxjobs] System Administrator (1st/2nd line support: Kineo, Brighton)

Nigel Kendrick nigel.kendrick at gmail.com
Wed May 24 15:29:47 UTC 2017

This is a post-sales/deployment support role, looking after hosted learning
platforms (Moodle and Totara) and the in-house development and testing
environments. The tasks are split about 50/50 between in-house work and
customer support.

The skill set required is about 90% Linux (LAPP stack mostly, with some HA
and firewall/security elements) and 10% Windows. Experience of public cloud
environments (Rackspace, Amazon and Microsoft) will be an advantage, as
will knowledge of the usual version control tools such as SVN and GIT and
scripting tools, notably Ansible.

We're transitioning our new products to a containerised environment with
continuous delivery and other sexy buzzwords (Docker, Rancher,
Kubernetes...), so there's scope for training and possibly learning new
skills if you don't have them already.

The position is ideal for someone who has a broad range of Linux-oriented
skills and does not want to be a full-time support person, nor a full-time
coder - the flip side is that you'll have to manage a varied workload and
respond to needs as required.

This role is in my team so feel free to contact me directly with any
relevant questions or to ask for a full job spec and referral to our
recruitment folks.

This vacancy is already out with selected agencies, so no agency enquirers
please.

nigel.kendrick at kineo.com