[linuxjobs] Ubuntu / Canonical Hiring

Steve Hill steve at nexus-networks.co.uk
Thu Mar 4 14:37:12 UTC 2021

On 04/03/2021 14:09, Paul Feakins wrote:

>> Just because I’m based in Sheffield does that make you worth less than
>> a person based in London?
> Yes because the cost of living is much higher and that person is likely
> based there to be close to work - so they should be compensated for it.

If everyone's working remotely, why does it matter whether they are
close to work or not?

Why would a business want to incentivise people to live in a more
expensive location when they are doing identical work?  That incentive
can only serve to:
1. further inflate the cost of living in places that are already
expensive; and
2. increase the business's expenses.

--
  - Steve