[linuxjobs] Ubuntu / Canonical Hiring

J Fernyhough j.fernyhough at gmail.com
Thu Mar 4 14:45:51 UTC 2021

On 04/03/2021 12:11, Paul Feakins wrote:
> Bit harsh, Canonical is a business like any other and has a
> responsibility not to overpay / waste money which means taking account
> of local market rates where appropriate.

Applying for jobs takes a significant amount of time and effort. I'm not
going to waste my time on positions that list "£competetive" as those
companies/recruiters don't tend to have any idea what the work actually
entails, and therefore have no idea what the work is worth. I go through
a long process, ask for £60k, they say "that's a lot of money for using
a computer, we were thinking more like £25k", and I've wasted a massive
amount of time.

Job seekers - and employees - are first and foremost people, and they
deserve to be treated with the same level of respect as anyone else.