[Lust] St albans and Luton LUG

Ian MacDougall ian.macdougall at pinnacle.co.uk
Tue Mar 16 08:43:33 GMT 2004

On Mon, 2004-03-15 at 21:37, Chris Thompson wrote:
> Hi Ian,
>
> sounds like you have the pedigree to breeze the exam. It may be worth a
> quick flip through the pdf on the LPI site as a friend of mine who has
> been using Linux since almost the very beginning read my book and
> realised that he had forgotten some of the basic stuff through lack of use

Cool thanks for that.

> So you are a SUN head are you? Have just finished getting gentoo to run
> on a Netra T1. I have gone grey overnight and sworn off all SUN kit for
> a while till my nerves recover
> :-)

Nah not a Sun head, but one of my jobs was mostly programming and the
only *nix servers I had to play with were Suns. Not touched one now for
about 4 years. It was nice to get gcc and samba working on one of them.

> Please let me know if you guys are thinking of arranging a meet, but
> realise that if everyone is busy it can be a bit of a pain.

I'm sure it will be announced on the list.

regards,

--
Ian

CONFIDENTIALITY.This e-mail and any attachments are
confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the
named recipient, please notify the sender immediately and
do not disclose the contents to another person, use it for any
purpose, or store or copy the information in any medium. Any
views expressed in this message are those of the individual
sender, except where the sender specifically states them to
be the views of Pinnacle Insurance plc.

If you have received this email in error please immediately
notify the Pinnacle Helpdesk on +44 (0) 20 8207 9555.

www.mimesweeper.com