[Lust] Linux World Expo

Steven Goodwin steev at tuls.pauken.co.uk
Tue Sep 14 15:55:02 BST 2004

On Sat, Sep 11, 2004 at 10:51:40AM +0100, Stuart Marsh wrote:
> I am off to the Linux Expo in Olympia on Wednesday 6th October.  Has
> anyone been in previous years, and was it a good day out?

Been a few times now, if you go for the social aspect of the .org
village, and meeting peoples/developers then it's a good day out.

If you go to learn anything from the (invariably) suits on the stands
then you can usually learn more on-line. Apart from a couple of
magazines, the freebie aspects fairly small, also :(

Much more a management awareness exercise, IMO, than a geek-fest[0].

> If anyone else is going this year, maybe we could all meet up.

Probably won't make it this year due to work commitments. But there's
usually a Lonix/Gllug pub meet afterwards, and I'll be at that.

Steev
[0] .org village, excepted