[Lust] Link up!

Tim Jones tim at freakinabox.com
Tue Aug 23 16:50:35 BST 2005

Hi all,
  I'm a student at the uni and I hail from Leics where I was also a LUG
member. I don't know if it's possible or fitting but back in Leics we
had monthly meetings where we wold actually discuss Linux and have a
talk about new apps and features and such from someone in the know.
  Anyways, I assume our group is still too small to hold talks and such,
but I'm pretty sure we could do some sort of Q&A meet for newcomers and
gurus alike to share ideas.
  Also, I could look into getting a room at the uni one evening once a
month or something where we could hold the meeting, but I doubt they'd
be beer on tap ;-) Heck, I know all the IT admin staff (working for them
over the summer and next year) so we may even be allowed to use the
Linux lab upstairs...
  I do run my own web server but at the moment it's a machine sitting in
my bedroom and as soon as I start getting paid in October I'll be moving
it to a good external hoster that I turst and like. Until then I have no
problem hosting a wiki on my machine.

Tim Jones