[Lust] Linux

tony.tibbenham at sonoco.com tony.tibbenham at sonoco.com
Mon Oct 31 17:17:06 GMT 2005

John,

There are lots of 'basic' guides to Linux.  It really depends what you
want.   A tutor?  An evening class?  A 'beginners guide'?

Compare Windows to Linux?  They are both capable of doing most things a
computer program can do if you throw enough expertise, money and time at
them.

Do something with a PC? [and you know nothing about Windows / Mac OS / Unix
/ BSD / Be / VMS / DOS ] etc. so at least do not have the 'old' way to
re-learn.

Start with completing the following question ...
"I want to ... "   then try googling, then try looking through relevant
post archives, then try posting a well structured question i.e.
I want to do X, I have tried doing A,B,C and this was the result (not X) ..
how do I achieve X?

googling is modern slang for 'use your favourite search engine to search
for an answer'.  It means, literally, go to www.google.co.uk and type your
question into the awating prompt.

"i want to know about linux" results in over 39 million pages returned.
Try refining your question.

Regards

Tony

This e-mail message and all documents which accompany it
are intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which
addressed, and may contain privileged or confidential information.
Any unauthorized disclosure or distribution of this e-mail message
is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail message in error,
please notify the sender and delete this from all computers.