[LUST] What's on your hdd?

Rob linux at hyborian.demon.co.uk
Mon Oct 2 10:18:36 BST 2006

Hi Guys,

Following on from Karl's "What's in your box", I'm genuinely curious as
what distros/software you lot all run.  It seems that there are more
distros popping up all the time, mostly variants of Debian!  I'm also
a bit of a traditionalist when it comes to the software I run, but I
always like trying out new stuff (although I usually tend to fall back
on my old favourites after a few weeks).

Something along the lines of:

1.  distro
2.  desktop environment / window manager
3.  browser
4.  mail client
5.  term
6.  music player
7.  video player
8.  graphics
9.  editor
10. other useful apps (and why they're useful)

For me it's:

1.  Arch Linux
2.  FVWM
3.  Firefox
4.  Mutt
5.  Rxvt-Unicode
6.  XMMS
7.  Mplayer for video files, VideoLAN client for DVDs
8.  GIMP
9.  Vim
10. Xscreensaver (keeps the boys locked out!)
    Gtkam (essential for downloading photos from my camera)
    OpenOffice (writing letters)
    HPLIP (for my HP Printer/Scanner/Copier)
    NVidia graphics driver (not free, but works so well)

Regards,

Rob