[Lust] Ubuntu demo day version 3

Michael Culverhouse mc2kuk at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Jan 27 17:20:37 GMT 2008

Sorry for that, looks like a bug in yahoo's new beta
mail.
Third and final time

Dear list owner,

I'd be grateful if you could let your list members
know about the following event at which they will be
very welcome.

Ubuntu Demo Day, Swindon

We'll be holding an Ubuntu Demo Day at the Museum of
Computing in Swindon (Oakfield Campus, Marlowe Avenue)
from 10am till 4pm on Saturday 26 April. This will be
an opportunity to meet other users, gaze lovingly
into each others desktops, talk to potential users,
and of course visit the Museum.

Local publicity will be aimed at telling people about
Ubuntu, allowing them to try it out on the demo
machines, and giving out liveCDs. We'll also have
screencasts and videos running on a large-screen
projector.

This event will be free, and there is plenty of free
on-site parking.
There are plenty of alternative activities nearby for
partners and families, including children's
activities, shopping, and outdoor activities. A
"partners and families" leaflet will be available
on-line
soon, if you'd like a copy now please contact me.

If anyone would like to help at this event, please
contact me - our main need will be for experienced
users to talk to non-users and answer their questions.

Thank you,

Dianne Reuby (Ubuntu User #12867)
Collections Manager
Museum of Computing @ Swindon