[Malvern] Re:How many members

andy at dragonfly.demon.co.uk andy at dragonfly.demon.co.uk
Mon Dec 8 10:49:26 GMT 2003

  Andy> Re: your enquiry "Anybody know how to set up ADSL on Linux ?", there
  Andy> seems to be a standard setup for ADSL/TDSL, etc in my current Suse (8.2,
  Andy> I think) and I saw some articles on the Suse knowledgebase about this a
  Andy> while back, try there - there were some links to ADSL/TDSL setup pages
  Andy> on the Kernel site, which had links for other distro's.

Hi Andy,

SCO? and you still seem quite sane 8-)

I am about to set up ADSL in our office using OpenBSD, but for those using an
Alcatel Speedtouch ADSL modem then the following link is valid for both Linux
and *BSD.

http://speedtouch.sourceforge.net/

The instructions seem pretty straight forward.  The advice from my mate who has
got this working on Linux was to make sure your ADSL line is working properly
using Windows first. That way if you have problems, then you know it's with the
Linux setup.

l8z

andy

GnuPG Key available on request
"The body is like a well oiled machine. Take away a
vital fuel like alcohol and anything could happen."