[Malvern] Postscript.

Geoff Bagley geoff.bagley at btinternet.com
Fri Dec 3 17:01:58 GMT 2004

I have been trying to learn about the graphics language Postcript.

I have been writing various small test programs,  and they can all be
screened  visually  on  X  by using Ghostview or kGhostview.

However ,  if I type  "lpr  filename.ps"  on the command line,  some of the
progs  get printed out graphically,  but other just get the   Postscript
source-code listed !

By the way,  I use CUPS as my print system.  The printer  (a  HP  lj1300) is
said to be  Postscript friendly

I cannot determine what's causing this.  Everything else seems to be the same
between each.   I would like to be able to test  and debug them  visually,
and then  print out the graphics once I get it right.

This  problem  cropped up today for the first time, and I am baffled.

Anyone out there tried this ?

Geoff