[Malvern] Laptop

Andy Morris zaglabod at onetel.net.uk
Tue Jan 20 08:41:26 GMT 2004

I'm on the scrounge.

Does anyone have a laptop they can lend me for 2-3 months?

I have a project I'm trying to finish, but have little time during the day,
except when I'm travelling to/from work in Brum, which is an hour each way.
This is currently "wasted" time, apart from the fact that I have caught up
with several books I was otherwise not finding the time to read.

It doesn't need to be anything special or recent, but does need a battery
capability of 1-1.5 hours (longer would be good because I can then use it on
my infrequent tips to London and Manchester, but this isn't strictly
necessary), and have 128Mb ram or better, because what I want to do is run
OpenOffice. I can either load this onto the machine (it runs on MS, Linux or
Mac), or run it from a Knoppix CD, independent of the on-board OS (my work
files fit on a floppy). Obviously if I'm running from the CD, the battery
drain may increase.

I've been trying to find an affordable second-hand laptop, but what I can
afford at the moment won't run OOo. Later this year I might be able to, but
I'd like to finish the project this spring.

Can anyone help?

Cheers,

Andy