[Malvern] Hard drive woes

Andy Morris zaglabod at onetel.net.uk
Tue Jun 29 08:41:18 BST 2004

Robin,

The problem is that a MIDI file is a control schema, it requires the units
to be controlled, ie.: the samples files or a MIDI console which has them.
We have the MIDI file, but it specifies some 'prg' files that we don't have,
but are usually in a MIDI player.  We're looking for a suitable Linux
player - we've got something that will accept the output.  By the way, it's
only going to 'wav' because that's what we want to play it on at the
moment - myself I prefer Ogg Vorbis format - seems to sound better on
speakers, to my ears.

Andy