[Malvern] Ethernet card.

Steve Cashmore steve at cashmore.me.uk
Tue Jun 29 23:54:59 BST 2004

At 21:07 29/06/2004 +0100, GEOFF BAGLEY wrote:
>I have down loaded the driver file for my Intel PRO 100 S Ethernet card,
>and have unzipped it.
>
>The README file seems to expect that I can use rpm to do the next bit.
>Problem !  I use Debian,  not Red Hat or SuSE.
>
>Any suggestions ?
>
>Geoff

That's probably only to make things easier.  I presume it is a GPL source
code driver and not a proprietary, pre-compiled module?
If it is a source code collection are you sure that there are no
instructions for a straightforward compile cycle using make, as well as a
rpm build option?
Not familiar with Debian but does it include rpm?  I know it may not use
the rpm database, but rpm is also used with a .spec file to build/compile a
suitable module you could install manually.

Is there a Makefile file present in the archive?  If so see what happens
when you just type make in the unarchived folder.

--
Steve