[Malvern] Is there life in BT Broadband?

ian.pascoe at bt.com ian.pascoe at bt.com
Mon Oct 4 13:42:03 BST 2004

Hi Guys

T'other Andy M

Broadband - the only time you need an engineer install is if the chicker
indicates that you are on the limit for standard Broadband - BT
Openworld are to provide Broadband Lite in the near future - 256 / 128
instead of 512 / 256 for the 500 range of products.

For firewall protection I would look at Geoff's setup - in built
firewall on the router.  Don't forget to keep anti-virus software on all
PCs though.

Chris I - the test number you give only checks on earth bonding and the
line integrity it does not give a definate OK hence why in some close to
the edge places an PTO - test officer - needs to visit site and plug in
his test kit.  Broadband 500 is generally OK up to 3.5 - 4 km radial
distance from the local exchange.  If you are outside this limit you can
get satelite broadband definitely from Openworld other ISPs may not
provide this option.  You also need to be careful when using ISPs that
they may not provide the service to the full limits of service whereas
BT will.  State of fact not a quick sell!

Ian Pascoe
BT Service Agility Client Relationship Management