[Malvern] Router troubles... any advice?

Geoff Bagley geoff.bagley at btinternet.com
Sat Oct 23 23:42:27 BST 2004

I don't think it's a router problem in my case.
It seems to be a configuration / set-up problem.
Everything is fine on my main machine ("tren").  It's the other two members
of the network that have oddities.  They are on the ame network,  and have
the same OS,  etc.

The main machine can use "synaptic",  but the other two are refused !
The others will access the network OK,  until I reboot them.
Them I have to reset  the gateway to the router thus :=

"route add default gw 192.168.0.1"

to get  them back on the net.   They are OK  again then,  apart from synaptic.

The positive side is that I am learning about the beast !

Regards.

Geoff.