[Malvern] Curry? And Help please

ian.pascoe at bt.com ian.pascoe at bt.com
Wed Oct 27 11:23:01 BST 2004

Oh yes - I can already taste that Cobra Beer and something spicy ....

And now for something completely different.

As some of you will know I have problems with my eyes and use ZoomText
to:

- invert screen colours to White on Black;
- screen magnification - acts like a lense on a page and therefore only
magnifys what is under it
- speech - nice American accent which basically reads what is happening
on the screen

I have at long last got the money together and upgraded my home PC to
enable it to be used as a dual boot system and I have got a copy of
Knopic 3.2 waiting to be loaded on.

My problem is that ZoomText is not and nor is likely to be written for
anything other than Windows based OS

Your mission, should you wish to accept it, is to find something that
does at least the first 2 items and the third would be a bonus.  I have
had a look see myself and can see nothing (!) that appears to fit the
bill.

Any suggestions?  Don't mind if it is under GPL or has to be paid for
.... Over to you guys.

Ian Pascoe
Client Relationship Manager
BT Mobile Lloyds TSB Helpdesk