[Malvern] WUSB11 Suse 9.3 problems

Robin Wilson r.t.wilson at rmplc.co.uk
Wed Jun 15 20:30:53 BST 2005

Hi all,

I've been trying to install a WUSB11 v2.8 USB wireless network adaptor on a
friends pc this afternoon. It is running Suse 9.3.

I have installed ndiswrappers and the drivers. In iwconfig I get wlan0
listed with some details. I can set the essid and mode using "iwconfig wlan0
essid home mode managed"

I get no Access Points found when I do "iwlist wlan0 scan"

Following some instructions elsewhere on the internet I tried "iwconfig
essid any mode managed" and the pc froze (I had to reset it).

Once i'd rebooted I also tried using KInternet and scanning from there. It
seemed to find my access point but when I click connect the hard drive
whirred for a bit and then it froze again.

When I look in the logs for my Access Point I can see that the WUSB11 has
tried to connect (the mac addresses in the log match) - but just after it
connects and the log message comes up it crashes!

Does anyone have any ideas what I should do?

Cheers,

Robin