[Malvern] Hellos and Procmail

Andy Dixon andy at freelancecoder.co.uk
Tue Oct 25 23:38:20 BST 2005

Keith Edmunds wrote:

> Andy Dixon wrote:
>
>> for a small fee, do everything for them.
>
> .
> .
>
>> Is anyone good with procmail? I have a procmailrc which I dont think
>> works- emails go through spamassassin, however, other rules (below)
>> dont seem to work..
>>
>> If anyone can give me any help, i'd appreciate it!
>

> For a small fee... :-)

Consider this an IOU if I ever get to go to the Nags ;)

>> :0fw
>> | /usr/bin/spamassassin
>

> This says, "Pipe all mail to /usr/bin/spamassassin and wait for the
> exit status". Once you've sent all mail to SA, the remaining rules
> have no mail to act on...

I hang my head in shame. I found that it had been working, anything that
went through spamassassin as was not flagged as spam got sent on to the
other rules. What I had not done was got Thunderbird to check for email
in the IMAP subfolders.. Duh.

Thanks for your help!

Andy