[Malvern] Etchasketch

Chris Eilbeck chris at hyperspace.org.uk
Wed Apr 5 13:22:40 BST 2006

On Wed, Apr 05, 2006 at 08:18:33AM +0100, Andy Dixon wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The strangest thing happened when I got back last night.
>
> After I sat down with a beer, opened my laptop and loaded up Etch, I
> found that Alsa, Alsa-Modules, Alsa-Utils and Alsa-Tools all
> disappeared.
>
> Has this happened to any one else?

I've had similar things happen when Sarge became stable and packages started
disappearing from unstable.

> I'm downloading FC5 DVD iso at the mo, started it last night, so
> giving that a try instead.

Is there anything you need from unstable in particular?  Have you considered
using Ubuntu/Kubuntu?  That's more modern than Debian stable.  I'd be
reluctant to give up the apt system now and move back to Redhat or Mandriva.

Chris Eilbeck
Tripoli UK Member #9527                                          LSMR