[Malvern] Of iMacs and MessageLabs

Richard Forster rick at forster.uklinux.net
Thu Apr 20 15:11:06 BST 2006

Geoff Bagley wrote:
>> Currently installing Debian onto the iMac Andy generously donated.
>> Thanks again.
>

> Many thanks Andy - I have updated and upgraded (using apt-get).
> Still haven't got X-server up ang running,  nor altered users and/or
> passwords.

http://www.dotfiles.com/files/13/314_XF86Config.imac.revA

This is the XF86Config-4 file I found which works a treat.
Yes, mine is a revA iMac, 233MHz and 96MB of awesome power, all in a
cute little case, bless.
I only changed the keyboard locale from the file online.

Debian stable is a bit like going back in time though... I'll have to
work out how to use "modern" Debian.

 > I will be getting a USB mouse before bothering to fight it !

But all the configuring I've done has required the keyboard, no GUIs
until I got X working just now. Though I will also be looking for
el-cheapo USB mouse.

Cheers

Rick