[Malvern] Help!!

Steve mlug at cashmore.me.uk
Wed Dec 13 20:33:03 GMT 2006

Renyk Devandre wrote:
> Hi Steve,
>
> Don't know if this helps but had a similar problem on FC installation
> when installing from DVD I did it from CD and worked fine???  Also (I
> know it sounds noddy) re set the bios to default and then try it (had a
> fault on an intel board where there were conflicts in the way the PCI
> bus was being reported in the bios and the IOS resetting escd (extended
> system configuration data) cures this.

Thanks Renyk,  I have made *some* progress.

I read recently about a problem with the dmraid driver so invoked the
installer with nodmraid.  Even though I'm not using raid and the drive
is correctly recognised and available, this has got me past the original
problem.  I'll persevere a little longer.
--
Steve