[Malvern] Brum.pm Decemeber Social - The Aftermath

Barbie barbie at missbarbell.co.uk
Thu Dec 14 09:41:00 GMT 2006

Hi folks,

Many thanks to everyone who came along last night, despite all the
hassles it was good to see you all before the end of the year. Just a
shame we didn't get to raise a glass in the pub afterwards :(

Apologies to everyone for all the hassle with how long everything took
and the bill and the end of the night. My thanks go to Chris for looking
after things and being chief liaison officer.

For those who didn't make it, you missed the joys of taking over an hour
to be seated, another 30 minutes before we got food, and then a £489
(and pence) bill, which alledgedly had 10% taken off! Between just 15 of
us! I think the most anyone's bill came to was £25, and most were around
or less than £20.

The food may have been good, but the service left a lot to be desired.

Thanks to the Malvern guys for coming along to join us, hopefully we'll
see all again next year, and we have plans to visit you a bit more often
too :)

Our next social will be January 10th. Seeing as we keep failing to get
to The Wellington after The Old Joint Stock, I think we might as well
start in The Wellington and order chinese from across the way, or
something :) We'll figure that bit out next month.

For January 24th, We'll be having an AGM. As Birmingham.pm is an
official not-for-profit limited company, we are legal bound to have an
AGM to elect new officials of the company and to discuss plans for the
next year. We are busy sorting out membership papers and T&Cs and will
announce them to the group ASAP. We also will hopefully be officially
announcing what we plan to do with all the money raised as part of the
YAPC::Europe::2006 conference. There won't be any technical meeting as
such, but if you would like to help us plan the next year for the group,
please feel free to join us. We'll provide more details in the new year.

Our next technical meeting will be 28th February and we already have
talks lined up. In fact we are already filling slots for March too. If
anybody would like to do a talk next year, let me know and we'll slot
you in. If anyone has suggestions for talks, please feel free to mention
them onlist or to me in person and we'll try and get someone to cover
the subject.

Thanks again to everyone for coming along last night, and thanks to
everyone on the list for taking to time to come to both social and
technical meetings. You've all helped to build a very popular and
successful user group.

Cheers,
Barbie.
--