[Malvern] FW: Festival vs. F-lite disk space requirements

Andy Dixon andy at andydixon.com
Fri Feb 24 21:49:39 GMT 2006

On Friday 24 February 2006 20:42, Ian Pascoe wrote:
> Andy
>
> A bit of in depth background stuff for you to brood over.
>
> The following text should be added after the reference to the virtual java
> machine
>
> I should add "a Java virtual machine that works with Java Sound."  In
> my experiences, the gcj stuff is not adequate for this.
> Ian

Hi,

Thanks for that. I've been playing with Festival, so I'll have a go with
MBROLA.

I got a Micro ITX motherboard with TV out, but I am having ongoing problems
with getting Xorg to work with the composite video out. The console just
about works - a readable blurred screen. In the meantime, I am developing it
on my laptop, and then having a crack at it again on this motherboard.

I wonder if I can find a sponsor who'll pay for a nice High Definition TV...?

Cheers,
Andy