[Malvern] Network monitoring.

Geoff Bagley geoff.bagley at btinternet.com
Mon Feb 27 19:53:36 GMT 2006

Thanks to Chris for response.

I have installed both tcpdump and ethereal.
All I need now is the know-how !

Poor Stuart  (sslaxx) has had his system compromised owing to a
vulnerability
in his router chip-set.  (conexant).

I feel sore about this, because I gave him that router.
At the time I tried to get it going, I was still using W98,  and in the
process of changing
my BT openworld over to Linux.  The grotty modem BT supplied was no good
for Linux,
so I tried,  and discarded, the "e-tec" (conexant) router.

I can now guess why I couldn't get any info at the time.
When I lashed out and bought the Netgear DG834,  all was sweetness and
light.

Can anyone help Stuart ?

Geoff.