[Malvern] Birmingham Perlmongers World Tour 2006 and Chesters

Phil Ironside phil at creativespaces.co.uk
Tue Jan 24 00:25:27 GMT 2006

At the last LUG meeting we all decided that Chesters Mexican Restaurant in Worcester would be a good choice.
So how about having it on the scheduled meeting for Feb which would normally be at Creative Spaces on Tuesday 7th of Feb?

What do you all think?

For anyone interested in the Birmingham Perlmongers World Tour 2006 here is the latest news

Hi folks,

Following some arrangement changes, the new tentative tour schedule
looks as follows:

Thu  2 Mar - London
Wed 15 Mar - Belfast (*)
Wed  5 Apr - Nottingham (*)
Wed 12 Apr - Edinburgh
Thu 25 May - Milton Keynes
Thu  8 Jun - London

With the following added for good measure:

 15-16 Jun - Nordic Perl Workshop - Oslo
 26-28 Jun - YAPC::NA::2006
 22-23 Jul - LugRadio Live 2006
 ??-?? ??? - YAPC::Europe::2006

Note that those dates marked as (*) have still to have their dates
confirmed with the organisers. The Edinburgh date is now booked, and
definitely JJ and myself will be flying up. If anyone wants to join us
the flight details are:

Flying with flyBe
Wednesday 12 April - Birmingham to Edinburgh on flight BE288
                     Depart: 14:15, Arrive: 15:30

Barbie's return flight:
 Thursday 13 April - Edinburgh to Birmingham on flight BE281
                     Depart: 09:00, Arrive: 10:20
JJ's return flight:
 Thursday 13 April - Edinburgh to Birmingham on flight BE287
                     Depart: 12:30, Arrive: 13:50

Note that the Edinburgh date coincides with the official Birmingham.pm
social for that month, so you might as well join us ;)

Unfortunately Cambridge haven't responded, and the Bath response wasn't
very inviting, so the above 5 groups will be it. At least for now. The
second London date may change for a technical meeting, and I may squeeze
in another visit to MK.pm before September (hopefully one of their
technical meetings), and who knows, perhaps a lap of honour to Belfast
too ;)

BTW, for anyone wishing to join me going to London for the March 2nd
date, the London social has been pre-booked at The Star Tavern in
Belgravia. The downside is that it isn't handy for getting back to
Euston, so I'm contemplating either booking a hotel, or just getting the
last train (23:40 back in brum for 01:58), depending upon whether a late
night curry is on the cards ;)

Barbie.

--
Phil Ironside