[Malvern] PHP and Festival

Andy Dixon andy at andydixon.com
Fri Mar 3 22:28:45 GMT 2006

Hi guys,

I seem to be having a problem that I just cant get my head around..

I have a php script which will generate some text. I then write this into a
temp file.
After which, I call festival in php - system('/usr/bin/festival
--tts /tmp/ttstemp');

However, it seems that festival is not called. I have then tried writing a
bash script which called the above line, and got the php script to call this
shell script, but that does not work. If I call the script through bash, then
festival talks.

Does anyone know what I could be missing?

Cheers

Andy